20 Things second time Mama’s learn the second time around…
1. You will worry how you can love two kiddo’s at the same time, the same amount
2. As soon as your second (or third, or fourth) arrives, your heart will grow big enough to have enough love for each of your children.
3. No birth, no labor is the same.
4. Planning only goes so far, at some point you have to just go with the flow and trust it’ll all work out
5. Your house will become baby land, overtaken by toys, diapers, blankets, baby gear, no matter how many times you clean it. This is especially true with another kiddo in the house…
6. You will wonder how you will do it all…
7. Don’t forget to make time for your hubby…even if it’s just a kiss when you come or go
8. It’s OK if it takes you a while to feel back to “normal”
9. Breastfeeding the second time around can still be hard, painful, take adjustment before you get it right
10. No two kiddo’s are the same…you’ll *almost* have to start from scratch…ALMOST
11. Take advantage of any time you can have for just yourself. A hot, quiet shower can do wonders to rejuvenate you.
12. It’s OK to decline visitors until you are ready. There will be plenty of time for everyone to meet new baby.
13. You don’t have to be Super Mom.
14. Look to other Mama’s for advice, support, and help. Even if it’s just for encouragement or reinforcement.
15. If you’re worried about your hubby finding you attractive after watching another human come out of you…don’t worry, your new “milk boobs” will take care of that!
16. That being said…both you and your hubby will have forgotten just how ginormous your boobs will get when your milk comes in.
17. As miserable as you were during the last days of pregnancy, you’ll almost instantaneously forget what it was like to be pregnant once that baby comes.
18. You’ll also find yourself suddenly missing being pregnant…even if it kinda sucked most of the time – heartburn, morning sickness, nerve pain, sleeplessness etc. all seem so insignificant now.
19. Sleep deprivation. again. enough said.
20. Labor really is the worst pain most easily forgotten. In the middle of labor you swear you’ll never do this again…but a few days afterwards you’ll seriously consider doing it all over again.
❤ parenting love 🙂